We have just released the 3.2.1 version of the UnboundID LDAP SDK for Java. It is available for download from the LDAP.com website, as well as from GitHub, SourceForge, or the Maven Central Repository.
You can get a full list of changes included in this release from the release notes. The Commercial Edition release notes also provide information about additional changes only included in the Commercial Edition.
Some of the most significant changes in both the Standard Edition and the Commercial Edition include
- Updated the documentation to indicate that, as a result of Ping Identity’s acquisition of UnboundID, all non-public feedback, feature enhancements, support requests, and other kinds of communication should now be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com. We also now recommend using the GitHub issue tracker over the SourceForge mailing lists and discussion forums for bug reports and feature requests.
- Fixed a bug in the RDN parsing code that could cause multiple consecutive spaces in the middle of an attribute value to be condensed down to a single space. The string representation of the RDN was preserved correctly, but the methods used to retrieve attribute values as a string or byte array could return values that were missing spaces.
- Provided better handling for InterruptedException. A thread’s interrupted state will now be preserved for cases in which the LDAP SDK consumes an InterruptedException without doing something to handle it.
- Fixed a bug in the support for the SASL ANONYMOUS mechanism that could cause the trace string to be omitted from the encoded bind request.
- Updated the searchrate tool to provide support for generic controls, as well as specific support for the assertion, simple paged results, and server-side sort request controls.
- Updated the authrate tool to add a new –bindOnly argument that allows you to indicate that the tool should only perform bind operations, rather than a search to find the entry and then a bind as that user. The base DN pattern will be used to construct the bind DN.
- Updated the authrate tool to provided support for generic search and bind controls, as well as specific support for the authorization identity and password policy request controls.
- Updated the search-and-modrate tool to provide support for generic search and modify controls, as well as specific support for the assertion, simple paged results, permissive modify, pre-read, and post-read request controls.
- Added a Schema.getSchema method that can read schema information in LDIF form from an input stream.
- Updated support for the GSSAPI SASL mechanism to make it possible to indicate in the generated configuration file whether the client should act as an initiator or an acceptor.
- Updated the identify-unique-attribute-conflicts tool to include a time limit in search requests intended to determine whether a unique attribute value may also be in use in any other entries. This can help limit the effect of running the tool against a server that is not configured with the appropriate indexes needed to ensure that equality searches targeting the unique attributes can be processed efficiently.
Some of the additional changes only available in the Commercial Edition include:
- Added a new version of the ldapsearch tool that provides a lot of additional functionality over the version provided in the Standard Edition. It includes much better output formatting (including support for alternate output formats like JSON, CSV, and tab-delimited text), support for a number of data transformations, more robust connection handling, support for referrals, support for a large number of search and bind controls, support for administrative sessions, support for unsolicited notifications, the ability to process multiple searches with search criteria provided in filter or LDAP URL files, rate limiting, and the ability to send results to a specified output file (or a separate output file per search).
- Implemented caching for the matching rule instance used when requesting the jsonObjectExactMatch matching rule. This matching rule only exists in the Commercial Edition and needs to be loaded via reflection.
- Updated the access and error log parsing APIs to include support for the triggeredByConn and triggeredByOp log fields used to indicate that the message is associated with the indicated operation.