We have just released version 4.0.14 of the UnboundID LDAP SDK for Java. It is available for download from the releases page of our GitHub repository (https://github.com/pingidentity/ldapsdk/releases), from the Files page of our SourceForge repository (https://sourceforge.net/projects/ldap-sdk/files/), and from the Maven Central Repository (https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:com.unboundid%20AND%20a:unboundid-ldapsdk&core=gav).
The LDAP SDK release notes are available at https://docs.ldap.com/ldap-sdk/docs/release-notes.html, but the changes included in this release are as follows:
- Fixed an issue in which LDAP URLs with consecutive percent-encoded bytes were not decoded correctly.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the LDAP SDK to incorrectly handle data read from a server when the communication was protected with SASL integrity or confidentiality. Thanks to Boris Danilovich for reporting the problem and identifying the cause.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the searchrate tool from running if neither a base DN pattern nor an LDAP URL pattern was provided.
- Improved the logic that the LDAP SDK used when selecting the cipher suites to use when establishing a TLS-secured connection. Weaker suites are disabled, and the enabled suites are prioritized so that those offering forward secrecy and stronger encryption are preferred.
- Added a new FullLDAPInterface that extends LDAPInterface and adds support for close, bind, and processExtendedOperation methods. The existing LDAPConnection, AbstractConnectionPool, and InMemoryDirectoryServer classes have been updated to implement this interface.
- Added a new non-final MockableLDAPConnection class that makes it easier to mock an LDAPConnection instance. It implements FullLDAPInterface and wraps a provided LDAPConnection. If you create a MockableLDAPConnection subclass, then you may override any of the FullLDAPInterface methods to provide whatever logic you desire for them. Any non-overridden methods will invoke the corresponding method on the provided LDAPConnection instance.
- Fixed a minor typo in the ldapsearch usage information