This is a relatively minor update release, and you can get a full list of changes from the release notes (or the Commercial Edition release notes for changes specific to the Commercial Edition). Some of the most significant changes include:
- Updated the AddRequest constructor that allows you to create a request from an LDIF entry. It will now accept an LDIF add change record (including the “changeytpe: add” line, and optionally including controls) in addition to an LDIF entry.
- Added two new LDAP listener request handler implementations that can be used to limit the load that clients can leverage against a listener. One implementation allows you to limit the number of requests that may be processed concurrently, while the other allows you to limit the overall rate (in operations per second) at which requests may be processed.
- Fixed a bug in which the LDAP connection pool statistics were not always properly updated for a failed attempt to create a new connection for the pool.
- Added a new --helpSASL argument for LDAP command-line tools that support authentication. This argument obtains a list of the supported SASL mechanisms and the options that are available for each.
- Updated the command-line argument parser to provide support for using a properties file to supply the default values for arguments not explicitly provided on the command line. Tools that support this feature now include a --generatePropertiesFile argument that can be used to generate a template with the supported properties for that tool.
- Updated the command-line argument parser to support grouping related sets of arguments together in the usage information.