We have just released version 4.0.13 of the UnboundID LDAP SDK for Java. It is available for download from the releases page of our GitHub repository, from the Files page of our SourceForge repository, and from the Maven Central Repository.
This is a minor update that is primarily intended to serve the upcoming 18.104.22.168 release of the Ping Identity Directory Server, but it also includes some useful debugging enhancements and improvements in its support for X.509 certificates. The full release notes are available online, but the primary changes included in this release are as follows:
- Added support for debugging connection pool interactions, including checking out and releasing connections, as well as establishing and closing connections for use in the pool.
- Fixed an issue in the prompt trust manager that could cause it to incorrectly display a warning for some certificates with a basic constraints extension that included the optional path length constraint.
- Updated the manage-certificates check-certificate-usability command to add an additional check to see whether the certificate at the root of the chain is found in the JVM’s default set of trusted issuer certificates. If it is not found, the tool will display a notice, but it will still complete with a success result.
- Fixed an issue in manage-certificates that could prevent it from correctly showing the key agreement usage when displaying verbose information about a certificate with the key usage extension.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent properly decoding an authority key identifier extension that included the optional authorityCertIssuer element in an X.509 certificate.
- Made the ManageCertificates.readCertificatesFromFile method public so that it can be used outside of the LDAP SDK. This method can be used to read a set of PEM-encoded or DER-encoded X.509 certificates from a specified file.
- Made the ManageCertificates.readCertificateSigningRequestFromFile method so that it can be used outside of the LDAP SDK. This method can be used to read a PEM-encoded or DER-encoded PKCS #10 certificate signing request from a file.
- Updated the passphrase-encrypted output stream to provide an option to override the default key factory iteration count.
- Updated support for the exec task to add an option to specify the path to use as the current working directory when invoking the specified command. Previously, the server would always use the server instance root directory, and that will still be the default if no alternate working directory is specified.
- Added an additional StaticUtils.getEnvironmentVariable method variant that can be used to provide a default value that should be used if the specified environment variable is not set.
- Added an additional StaticUtils.getStackTrace method variant that allows you to limit the number of stack frames to include from code before the call into the LDAP SDK. Also, updated StaticUtils.getExceptionMessage when invoked for a NullPointerException so that it now shows all frames from the LDAP SDK (and anything that the LDAP SDK calls), and up to three frames from the code before the call into the LDAP SDK.